My eyes bleed at night, is there going to be a Night Theme?
This is good news.
I can’t say much about Tweetbot 3 that hasn’t already been said, so I’ll just add to the dog pile with, “It’s a great app.” The fact that my news list is only one tap away from any screen is delightful.
I only have a couple of complaints so far, almost all of which can be dismissed due to this being essentially a 1.0 release.
- The aforementioned dark mode, which is a feature of Twitterrific that I find incredibly useful (especially because it switches on automatically at night), will be a welcome addition.
- Round avatars are a little odd and feel faddish.
- Timeline position syncing through Tweetmarker seems to be somewhat busted when switching between Tweetbot 3 and Tweetbot for Mac, though that could be an issue with the Mac client and not with Tweetbot 3. The linked-to FAQ above mentions a pending update for Mavericks; maybe that’ll solve the syncing issue.
- The counter of unread tweets that shows up in the top right corner of the timeline view seems to be a bit mercurial, especially when backfilling the timeline in a list view. Sometimes it’s there and sometimes it’s not.
- Speaking of, background updates for lists would be lovely, but I’m likely in the minority on this one.
Tweetbot 3 is available on the App Store for $2.99. Go get it.