January is a big month for winning fake awards from my Apple Watch. On deck for this month:
- Perfect Week (x4) – close your activity rings every day for a week
- Ring in the New Year Challenge – at least one Perfect Week in January
- January Challenge – burn 16,830 active calories this month
- Perfect Month – close your rings every day for a month
- Longest Move Streak – my previous longest streak is 36 days, which I could break on January 31 if I also complete the Perfect Month challenge
It’s going to take a lot of work, but I’m going to try to complete all 8 of these goals this month. I’ve already gotten 2, so I’m off to a good start, and I haven’t missed a day yet.
The personal monthly challenges in watchOS 4 managed to get me motivated again. I’ve completed all of them since last October. Sure, it’s just a silly picture of a fake badge on a screen, but it works for my dumb brain. Whatever algorithms they’re using to automatically gin up plans that push you to work just a little bit harder seem to be pretty good. Really enjoying that feature so far.