Bernie Sanders has a plan for the pandemic, and it's exactly what would work. I expect it to be largely ignored because 1) Bernie wrote it, and 2) it makes sense.
- Stopping layoffs by paying worker's checks with federal dollars
- Sending $2,000 per month to working-class folks until the pandemic ends
- Continuing the $600/week enhanced unemployment benefit
- Cancelling rent and mortgage payments for the duration
- Expanding Medicaid to the uninsured
- Funding the USPS
- Giving everyone free face masks
Short of a plan like this, we're pretty well screwed until a vaccine comes along.
It's a damned shame Bernie lost out to Biden. We could have had a plan like this marching it's way into the White House in January.